Neu Huttertal Village Information
|Region:||Black Sea||Founded:||1866||German Name:||Neu Huttertal|
Village Coordinator: Volunteer Needed
Notes: Neu Huttertal, also known as Debricha, was founded in 1866. Neu Hutteral is daughter colony of Huttertal, located north of Hutterdorf, about 80 miles north of Huttertal.
From 1874—1879 all Hutterites (except two families who joined the Mennonites) left Russia and came to the United States where they settled in South Dakota.
Pioneer surnames: Gross, Hofer, Mendel, Tschetter, Waldner, Walter, Wipf, and Wollman.
From Catherine to Khruschev by Dr. Adam Giesinger (pages 111 & 132)
History of the Hutterite Mennonites by Arnold M. Hofer and Kenneth J. Walter (page 96)
Hutterite Roots by Arnold M. Hofer and Norman Hofer (page 89)
The Russia Record - Hutterite Family Records from the early 1700s to ~1874 by Tony Waldner
Map of the Hutterite Colonies: From Catherine to Khruschev by Dr. Adam Giesinger (page 100)
Many of the ship names and dates can be found in the book Hutterite Roots.
Search the Letter Archives for this Village
Regional Interest Group for this Village: KET RIG
|GRHS Home Page|