Logo

 

Wilhelmstal Village Information

Region: Black Sea Founded: 1870/1880 German Name: Wilhelmstal
Area: Nikolajew Religion: Evangelical/Katholic Russian Name: Wassiljewka
District: Tiligulo-Beresan Location: Stumpp 31/46 Ukrainian Name: Vasil'yevka
Rayon: Alexanderfeld    

Village Coordinator: Eileen LaFrance

Notes: Giesinger lists as Grossliebental daughter colony, but village is actually located in Beresan district. Mertens states founding families from Grossliebental & Neuberg, ev. villages. General Wassili bought land and some resident Greeks lived there. By 1885 under 80 families lived on divided land. By 1908-1912 2/3 of the inhabitants came from Mariental, Josefstal, Peterstal and Grossliebental leading to the fact that more than half of the village was not Katholic. In 1917-1929 the village was exempt from victims of terror, war, and hunger. Schule 1-4 (1926). Population 293/484 in 1905, 590 in 1908, 485 in 1911, 515 in 1914, 515 in 1918, 420 in 1919, 512 in 1926, 735 in 1941-1943.

Books
From Catherine to Khruschev by Dr. Adam Giesinger (page 105)
    Homesteaders on the Steppe by Joseph S. Height (page 320)
    Handbuch Russland-Deutssche by Ulrich Mertens (page 544)

Church Records
   
Renz Compilations for GŁldendorf

St. Petersburg Annual Reports of 1899-1917 BDO Website

Death Notices Database

Family Database

Genealogy Database Search

Letter Archives for this Village 

Ship Records

lock War Records


   
EWZ Index for this Village

Back to Grossliebental District Odessa Village List

Regional Interest Group for this Village: Grossliebental District Odessa



GRHS Home Page